Men With Cats v Men With Dogs - which would you rather date?
Cats unlike dogs are NOT loyal servants who will tolerate all manner of bad behavior from their owner and yet still look pleased to see them. NO, your cat if mistreated will avoid you and may even move out assuming they're free to roam. Or they may just move out anyway because they want to. Cats are neither unconditionally loyal nor gullible. To gain a cats trust requires work and to gain their devotion requires respect.
In order for a cat owner (man or woman) to gain their cats devotion they require patience. It has taken one of my cats ( I have 3) 6yrs to decide she trusts me enough and 'likes' me enough to now sit on my lap and in close proximity. She's always been well treated and I've given her the freedom she desired and am now finally seeing my patience paying off! And it was worth it. And I must be very careful to nurture this new status quo and so must not at all make any mistakes lest she go off me again.
So what this says about me and of course any cat loving, owning man is that he is likely to be
- Respectful of your boundaries and idiosyncrasies
- Sensitive to your needs
- Careful to nurture and seek to maintain a happy medium when achieved
- He won't mind if you sit on his face and nibble his ears in the middle of the night (ooops sorry for that, I couldn't resist!! ;) )
Men with dogs
- Not afraid of responsibility
- May be more self sufficient (a man of means) themselves providers
- Respect and reward loyalty
- Reward good behavior with treats (in a dogs cases that would be biscuits, in yours handbags).
Dating a guy with a dog you should find that unlike the dog, they're independent, they can survive on their own, without you (they have their dog!). They make great providers and enjoy walks. ;)
Maybe you're already dating or married to a Cat Dad or a Dog Dad, if you are check out these funny cat and dog dad gifts from Amazon. The mugs featured above are available in different styles with various breeds, all customizable. They are great for Father's day!